Questions about the community that will never be answered. M-Jeri Vs. ITWares/E-lounge: New and Unheard Terms & Conditions/RMA Policy1
15/07/2011 by The Sorcerer
- There have been so many things I am questioning about certain people in our community and certain antics done by certain dealers:
- How can a particular group forum admins and even bloggers brag as being Media guys/”Media PVT LTD” when they are not?
- Why do these group feel ashamed to be a non-media entity, when its a downright fact that people always refer to non media entity for proper advice/opinions?
- Why are these people trying to convert a community effort to improve something and have mutual/proper 2 way communication into a PR spin/publicity stunt? And behaving like a Page3 Aunty in the process?
- Why do you create communities with an intention to be neutral, only to end up manipulating your fellow members and people’s contribution to pose as a media? For what? Free hardware? Free publicity? Free/exclusive access? Then how are you really different from certain mainstream media who are (in reality) PR Spindoctors?
- How can small business owners brag about being authorised dealers when they are not?
- How can dealers declare a product as EOL when its not (and not having the authority to do so)?
- Why do people expect professionalism and courtest from people when you are not?
- Why do dealer(s) who run business on their own with nothing more than 2-3 staff bragging/posing as distributors? And bring something exclusive and sell a lot of stuff from that brand, then unable to replace/repair defective stuff of that brand and trying to cook up a scene to bash that brand???
- How can you such people call themselves as a company, when in reality its a small store run and owned by an individual with nothing more than “Shop and establishment” license?
- What does warranty really mean?
- Why do I have to read terms and conditions from dealer’s site when I am buying from a forum?
- Why is there so many terms and conditions when its obvious I am buying from a small business owner and not from a franchise stores like Croma?
- How are they deemed as registered dealers for a community if dealers are asking buyers to join their forum/register on their site/email them if they want support?
- Who let the dogs out?
- How can you say that you’re a part of the team- even though a lot of people from that team don’t even treat you like one? Or blackmailing you to make you stay on the team?
Yes these are questions. Because honestly they are not going to answered. Even if they are, chances are that will have a transparent “conditions apply” star or it will be changed in some point during the future.
M-Jeri’s issue with The IT Wares/E-lounge started as a query then escalated because of loony affair and series of bombardments even past midnight because of the following example given by Rahul, owner of ITWares:
This is how its done
25k Card – Warranty 36 Months
Divide 25k by 36 = Rs. 694 Per Month
After 6 months the buyer should either get a similar product if not then a CN of Rs. 20836/- (25000 – (694*6)) = 20836
i am not offer 3-5 k against 25 k , if those earphones were of Rs. 25k then the buyer would have got a CN accordingly
lulwutwtf??? He later claims that this is something “everybody” does- and threw in few names, including tirupathi and certain other brands that have or don’t have any official presence in India.
The issue further escalated towards twitter, facebook, erodov, Digit, Chip- heck people have PMed me asking for the link for screenshots of the event. I am not the first one to blog about it mind you, as Shantanu Goel has put up has already blogged about M-Jeri’s issue over here.
Now that “little” conversation that happened was in the section where it can be accessible only to registered users, but I am putting up the screenshots of 16 pages, with 40 posts per page so that non-TE members can access it. My intention is not to damage anyone’s livelihood , but to inform people. Here are the screenshots of the entire mind bobbling conversations and new/unheard warranty policies that will make you skeptical when you’re buying from certain sources, especially who don’t have a history of established business….
…Then again- why do people share their problems only when someone opens up? And do they not make it obvious in the itrader ratings? Food for thought.
If you looking for the screenshots of the conversation, here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?xb1z31o9p289zzu